Rules on Board the Megabite
For your comfort and safety, we expect all anglers and passengers to abide by the following rules. If you feel you cannot abide by these rules for some reason, please let us know immediately so we can discuss whether a suitable alternative is available without compromising safety.
These rules will be reviewed once again during the boat orientation when you board. Please remember to arrive at least 30 minutes before your scheduled departure.
1. Obey the Captain: Always immediately obey any requests made by the Captain.
2. Be sick over the side: If you feel the need to vomit, please aim over the side of the boat and reserve "the head" for potty only.
3. Clear the deck: Fishing can be a fast and furious activity. The deck and cockpit must remain clear of any and all personal items. Please stand back and wait for specific instructions from Captain and crew when a fish is hooked up.
4. Crew Only Tackle and Tools: Please allow the crew to facilitate your use of any and all tackle and tools. Since we are an educational charter company, please feel free to ask questions, we love teaching eager students!
5. Remain seated: It is important to remember that you are on a moving vessel and walking about while underway presents risks. Remain seated whenever possible.
6. Over-communicate: If you have a question about something or are in doubt, especially as it relates to your safety or security, we prefer that you over-communicate your questions and feelings to the crew. There are no stupid questions aboard the Megabite!
7. Radical Responsibility: We have a 'radically responsible' policy aboard the Megabite that states everyone is responsible for their actions and consequences. Please make smart choices and remember there is risk of danger on the ocean, in a boat, fishing for game species, using sharp tools that are capable of causing injury. By fishing with Megabite you agree to release Megabite Captain, crew, and entity from negligence.