To all you girls out there who love great adventures…
Whether you're dreaming of being an avid angler yourself, planning a trip with your girls, or looking for something to do with your man -- offshore fishing will satisfy any adventure seeker’s expectations. Think girls’ getaway, birthday party, or bachelorette trip - offshore fishing is the perfect excuse to get your girls together and celebrate!
And just because you can hold your own doesn’t mean you have to rough it. It’s entirely possible to have comfort AND adventure in an offshore fishing experience.
So for all the ladies who want an offshore fishing adventure with a touch of luxury, here’s our ultimate guide to making your charter more comfortable:
1. Include a fanny pack or waterproof case: Fanny packs are making a comeback in a big way and they’re perfect for an offshore fishing trip. They’re not only stylish but keep your phone and other essential items safe yet closeby to take pictures of those once in a lifetime catches.
2. Keep your jewelry to a minimum: This is more of a DON’T pack but you’re going to want to leave your expensive or meaningful jewelry pieces at home. The same goes for your sunglasses, hat, and other expensive accessories. Aim for durable and replaceable - just in case.
3. Grab your favorite snacks: Look, dudes could live off of Doritos and HoHos (am I right??) So, if you’re boarding the Megabite with your favorite guy… do your own snack pack. Pack easy to eat finger foods that will fuel you like fruits, cut up veggies, nuts, sandwiches, and lettuce wraps.
4. Clean it quick: Wet wipes are an easy way to keep your hands clean during your trip and quickly clean yourself off between leaving the boat and stepping into your shower.
5. Bring a playlist: Music makes everything better. So set the mood for a day of fun and adventure with a playlist of songs that just make you feel good.
6. Drink up: Bring some speciality drinks. Pack your favorite cocktail or mocktail but please avoid any glass bottles as no one wants to step on a piece of broken glass. Fill up a canteen or stainless steel water bottle with your favorite beverage and sip away your day on the water.
Unfortunate as it is, women tend to get motion sickness more often than men which means that you’ll want to be mindful and follow these tips in order to be prepared:
Fight Like A Girl.
Offshore fishing is an active experience -- and pulling in a giant fish is going to require some stamina and athleticism.
Don’t worry, we’ll teach you the perfect technique to reel the fish in… in fact, we even have a special fighting chair for it!
You and your girlfriends can even tag-team pulling the fish in if you start to get winded (except in a tournament). But don’t worry you’re not going to be pulled off the boat -we’ve got you.
We’re experts and our number one goal is that you have the time of your life in a safe, educational environment. We’ll make sure to match you with a fish that’s right for your angler fishing skill level so that you’ll fully enjoy the thrill of bringing in the biggest fish you’ve ever seen!
Interested In Joining A Women’s Fishing Team for 2021?
We want to support female anglers in achieving a world record catch. Sign up for our newsletter and we will keep you updated on all the events and information you need to get “tournament ready” in 2021!
MEGABITE SPORT FISHING
300 S Garcia St
Port Isabel, Texas
Monday - Friday :: 9am - 5pm
Weekends :: Gone Fishing!
Website made with ❤️ in Kerrville, Texas